Saturday, June 9, 2001

creativity

Today my mom called me a "technocrat". I guess because I booked my wedding reception over the phone, I'm buying the flowers (& almost everything else) over the internet, and practically every decision involves feedback from the Martha Stewart Weddings message boards.

Yeah, I know, Martha Stewart is evil. But the people who post on her message boards aren't.

I've been talking about my wedding too much, haven't I? Well I'm kind of in "wedding" mode today, so here's an observation. Wedding magazines keep on printing articles with titles like, "100 ways to make your wedding unique" and "55 ideas to personalize your wedding". Isn't our society in sorry shape when the only way people can feel like their wedding is unique and personal is to copy a bunch of ideas from a magazine?

RIP, Creativity

No comments: