Thursday, June 28, 2001

new orleans

WOW it's been a while since I've written. Well first of all, New Orleans (or what I've seen of it so far) is cool. I haven't been out much yet because I sprained my ankle again. AGAIN, dammit. I'll never get up in pointe shoes again. Oh well.

See, I was walking to the train station to get the R1 to the airport, carrying all of my luggage (which turned out, when I had it weighed, to be about 70 pounds total). I was about 2 blocks away. I was crossing Sansom street, and my ankle just gave out under all of the weight. I probably wouldn't have even made it to the train station if this absolute angel of a woman hadn't come and helped me carry my stuff. (She took the heavy stuff, too!)

So here I am, icing my ankle.

Last night we went to trivia night at Hooters. We got 60 points which means that we got a $15 off coupon. I had the wings. They are pretty good.

I saw the lights of the city when I was flying in. It was reeeeally pretty.

When I move down here for good, I'll be getting a job and stuff, but I'm only here for 2 months b/c I still have a year of school left. So for now, I'm just being a housewife...or a housefiancee. whatever. You know it's hard to figure out what's for dinner every night.

Well that's all for now.

No comments: