Wednesday, July 11, 2001

media approval

I saw Scary Movie 2 the other day. It used some of the same jokes as the first one (and "Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinking your Juice in the Hood") but it was reeally funny. We went to the 11:45am matinee, and the theater was almost empty, and I laugh really loudly. I guess it would've been somewhat embarassing if I cared. I never laugh at the same time as everyone else. Usually everyone else laughs at the jokes that were in the commercial - it's like, since these parts were on TV, they have been approved. You are allowed to laugh at these jokes. (I even heard one guy say, "This is the part from the commercial")

It's like the opening acts at the *NSync concert - the girl on Lance's label was really fantastic, but everyone cheered much more enthusiastically for Dream and BBMak, because they've been on MTV, and therefore, they have been approved. You are allowed to like them. I thought that Lance's girl was MUCH better than Dream.

No comments: