Wednesday, August 8, 2001

laugh or puke

****DISCLAIMER: if this entry is about you, I don't mean to be mean or anything, just truthful. if you feel insulted, go ahead, stop reading my diary. whatever.****

Today when I signed on, I got one of those messages that you get from MSN Messenger when someone adds you to their contact list, which gives you the option of blocking them from seeing when you're online. I always feel kind of bad blocking people, although I pretty much always do when I have no idea who they are.

Then I got a notification that this person had sent me some email. So I thought, hey, cool, maybe there'll be some kind of note telling me who they are, how they found out about me (most likely through this diary), and maybe they'll be a cool person and I'll unblock them.

Turns out, I was immediatly glad that I had blocked them, and I just became more and more thrilled as the minutes passed. This person (in my estimate, about 13 years old) had sent me four...count 'em, FOUR chain e-mails (oh, and not a single personal note explaining why on earth I, someone who has never even seen her name, was receiving them from her). I promptly blocked her email address so as to not receive any more.

The thing is, they were STUPID ones, like, "if you send this to 6 people, the taco bell dog will run down your street, if you send it to 8, then ronald mcdonald will beat him up." anyone who believes that that would, or COULD happen AT ALL, let alone because of an email, is, I'm sorry, stupid.

The others were about friendship. FRIENDSHIP. I've never HEARD of this person before in my life. The kicker for me was the second one, which consisted of an unspeakably stupid "poem", if you can call it that, about friendship, and then this:

*SEND THIS TO ALL YOUR

FRIENDS AND BACK TO THE

PERSON WHO SENT IT TO YOU...

IF YOU GET IT BACK...THAT

PERSON IS YOUR TRUE FRIEND!!*

PASS THIS ON AND YOU WILL

RECEIVE ONE BIG KISS FROM YOUR CRUSH!!!

SEND IT TO THIS MANY AND GET:

0)NEVER GET KISSED AGAIN

1)GET A PECK ON THE FORE HEAD

2)GET A PECK ON THE CHEEK

3)GET A PECK ON THE LIPS

4)GET A KISS

5)GET A LITTLE TONGUE

6)GET A LOT OF TONGUE

7)GET SOME TONGUE WITH A HUG

Not only is this stupid (how is *a hug* suddenly THE ULTIMATE, beyond tongue????), but obviously whoever sent me this hasn't even read my whole diary, and if they have, they don't understand the concept of "fiance", or "getting married" or "I'm twenty years old".

I don't know whether I should be laughing or puking.

No comments: