Friday, September 14, 2001

maybe I'll bake myself a cake

I was supposed to visit my family for the weekend; my birthday is next Tuesday. For those who don't know, my family lives on Long Island, about 45min from Manhattan. Being that any public transportation route to LI necessitates going through Manhattan (& changing trains there), it just doesn't seem worth it...even if I had a car, the only other way in requires going through Staten Island, which was closed for a while today. Either that or go all the way around north to the Throgs Neck Bridge...but I digress.

My point was going to be that it just didn't seem worth the risk. It was when midtown was being evacuated that I came to this decision.

Well anyways, I'd been saying for the past couple of weeks that I just want to pretend my birthday doesn't exist, since the last couple I had were pretty disappointing. Well, I got my wish, but I wish I hadn't.

No comments: