Friday, October 12, 2001

i'm bitter and rambling. don't read this.

I haven't been writing lately b/c I haven't been on the computer much lately. I'd like to say that I've been studying for the midterm I had today; but that would be a lie. I studied for it last night.

I've been mostly resting because I am kind of sick. I lost my voice through over-use and all of this congestion is rising up around it. Also my throat is so irritated that I keep on coughing all the time. This probably seems pointless, so to point out the gravity of the situation, I will remind you of two facts about me that you may not know:

1. I have a heart condition (relax, it's nothing serious), and I'm not allowed to take decongestants.

2. I'm a musical theater major. I sing. No voice means no singing. I had to sit out a mock audition today. Boooo.

So how did I lose my voice, you ask? Well...remember the Sweet 16 I mentioned? You know how loud the music is as Sweet 16's? I was trying my best to talk over the music all night, and it just ripped my voice to shreds. The music was so loud and everyone wanted to talk to me about the wedding. Of course, nobody else's voices were affected. I guess the fact that I was already a little sick contributed.

You'd think that all the years of voice training I've had would've made it possible for me to talk loudly without injuring my voice, but apparently not.

No comments: