Tuesday, October 16, 2001

sand

Today on Days of Our Lives, Marlena ("the most respected psychiatrist in Salem") was actually talking...gasp!...as if she were intelligent. I'm as shocked as you are.

This is one of the things she said (not exactly word for word, but I'll try to remember as best I can - I'll get the gist of it, at least):

"One time I was walking on the beach with my daughter Sami, and she asked me, 'Once you have a husband, how do you keep him?' I picked up two handfuls of sand, and with the one hand, I made a fist and squeezed really tightly, and she saw the sand leak out from between my fingers. I left my other hand open, and the sand stayed there. She learned a fundamental truth that day: force is not the same thing as love."

Did she, Marlena? Did she really?

Where's Sami been lately, anyway?

Regardless, it's a good message.

No comments: