Wednesday, November 28, 2001

i hate stress

I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't contracted anthrax or anything; I just haven't been on the computer much lately.

Tonight I had the dance audition for next semester's show (Sweet Charity), and there was this whole big drama about whether I would make it on time. See, the first group was at 6. On Tuesday nights I go to choir rehearsal out in the suburbs, and the van for us city dwellers leaves at 6.

Now rehearsal usually ends at or around 9:30 and we're back to the city by 10 or 10:15. The last audition slot was at 10:30, so I figured, cool, I'll make it with just enough time to stretch out and warm up, even if rehearsal runs a little late.

WELL, today rehearsal ran later than it ever has, as far as I can remember. A WHOLE HALF HOUR LATE. I was literally SHAKING, I was so pissed off. Have you ever been so mad, that you cried? It's not fun.

So we don't even leave until 10:08...and it takes about a half an hour to get back.

Luckily, we made remarkably good time. We didn't run into any traffic...until we were 2 blocks away from where the audition was (where I was going to be dropped off)...traffic was practically at a standstill. It was 10:28 by this point.

SO I jumped out of the van and RAN MY ASS OFF for the last 2 blocks.

Mind you, I have exercise-induced athsma. I made sure I had my inhaler in my hand before I leaped out of the van.

So I get to the building, ignore the security desk (I'm pretty sure I was supposed to sign in) run up the stairs to the second floor...and find that they were running 10 minutes behind schedule.

HOLY GOD WAS THIS WHOLE ORDEAL STRESSFULL!!!!

All this for a show I know I won't get into anyway. I'm just auditioning because it's required.

No comments: