Thursday, November 8, 2001

unintentionally political

Have you ever sat down to write a play, or a story, or anything...just meaning to tell a story, just about people...and it came out with a really strong message?

I have never in my life set out to write something political or controversial, but the play that I am working on right now...well, it makes a pretty strong statement. And I didn't mean to make a statement with it. That's just how it came out.

I'm not going to say what it's about, because I don't feel like dragging controversial topics into this diary. I will tell you, however, that I got the idea for it while listening to the song "Brick" by Ben Folds Five. (Remember that song? From 1998? It was a good song.) I kept thinking, "I wonder what happened to these people after this all happened."

So I just basically told you what the play is about...assuming you know what the song is about...but I'm not going to say any more.

And I'm babbling again.

That is all.

No comments: