Friday, November 30, 2001

wedding stress

Frankly, I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

The one detail about my wedding that I've done the most thinking and planning and agonizing over is the flowers. I was even planning on doing them myself - you can do that, you know. There are all these companies that will ship bunches of flowers to you for wholesale prices, and then you arrange them yourself. So I was going to do that. I was looking forward to it. (Remember, I do want to be a florist someday.)

Then I realized that since my wedding is the same week as Christmas, the shipping situation would be uncertain. And I didn't want to risk it. So I went to see a real florist.

Now, having done the research and practicing in order to arrange the flowers myself, I knew exctly what I wanted and why, I knew that it would work, and I even knew HOW to do it. I just didn't know how to acquire the flowers themselves.

So the florist tries to tell me that you can't make a lily bouquet in the size I want. They're just too big to make a bouquet that small. Well just a couple of weeks ago, I MADE a bouquet out of 10 lilies, and thought to myself, "Nah, it needs to be a little BIGGER than this."

And honestly, if you went to a wedding, and the bows on the pews were navy blue (not baby blue or sky blue...NAVY blue), would you think that either: a, I was pregnant with a boy and trying to tell everyone this in a covert way; b, the bows were left over from a christening and I was too cheap to get my own; or c, HEY LOOK, NAVY BLUE BOWS! THEY MATCH EVERYTHING ELSE!

Honestly.

No comments: