Monday, December 24, 2001

holiday hodgepodge

Okay, I'm home with the fam for the next few days, so here's the rundown of what's been going on since last I wrote (let's just assume that seeing Brian for the first time since August is the best thing that's happened, and move on from there):
  • Bath & Body Works has Sugar Plum again this year. Sugar Plum is a special holiday scent that has kind of come to encompass the entire spirit of Christmas for me. Last year they didn't have it and I was totally crushed. I was just in there about three weeks ago and I asked if they were going to have Sugar Plum again this year, and they said no. Well I went in there a couple of days ago, and VOILA, there it was! They were out of the body spray, though, so I'm going to keep on looking. YAY SUGAR PLUM!!!!
  • I had sushi for the first time. It was actually good. I was kind of scared of it, but I was too distracted by trying to figure out the chopsticks to be too nervous. Plus, we were at this nice Japanese restaurant, so I was trying to act all sophisticated and grown up. Which meant no whimpering. My favorite were the shrimp tempura rolls.
  • This year the shopping bag that I was carrying my Christmas presents home in ripped in Penn Station. Last year it ripped when I was still in Philadelphia. So there was definitely an improvement. Next year I'll just order the presents on the internet and have them shipped directly here. Hindsight being 20/20, I can see that I should've done it that way this year.
  • My oven got fixed. The pilot light had gone out, so all we had to do was re-light it. The cookies got baked, the rice pudding got made, and a jolly time was had by all.
  • I still like tacos.

No comments: