Monday, December 3, 2001

lord & taylor

Today has pretty much been a typical Sunday so far. I came thisclose to staying in bed, dragged myself into the shower and got ready & out the door just barely in time to make it to church.

After Mass, I went to The Gallery (the closest thing to a mall we have here in Center City - again, part of my weekly routine), and actually bought a bunch of stuff today (I can't tell you what; most of it was Christmas presents). I dug deep into the bowels of my wallet to find enough money to get a Baja Chicken Gordita (a gordita is more filling than a soft taco, thanks to the pillowy flatbread), and headed home.

I always walk past Lord & Taylor (in the Wanamaker Building...you know, where the Mannequin movies take place) and admire the outfits in the window displays that I'm not sophisticated enough to wear, even if I could afford them. (Side note - it was in front of Lord & Taylor where those Asian Tourists took a picture of me.)

Today, one of the mannequins was wearing this beautiful sparkly headband thingie - it's hard to describe, but it would be PERFECT for my wedding. I think. I have to take a closer look at it (and see how much it costs) first...which means going inside...

So there I was, wearing jeans, a long-sleeved Britney Spears "Oops!" Tour t-shirt, a denimn jacket that's about 12 sizes too big for me and sneakers from Payless, and carrying a big ol' shopping bag from Old Navy. And my Taco Bell was getting cold.

I was NOT about to go in there for the first time dressed like that.

I don't know why I'm so intimidated by this store...but I am. I'm going to have to recruit a friend or two to go in there with me and look for that headband...and I'm going to have to wear real shoes. (ETA: It turned out to be a necklace, but nobody who was working in the store when I went to ask was able to tell me WHICH necklace. -2/7/08)

No comments: