Sunday, December 9, 2001

theatrical instincts

Just to let you know, I didn't get cast. At all. Whatever. I'm not about to turn this diary into the place I come to bitch about UArts.

Billy locked his keys in his car ysterday. With the motor running. And all of us standing around in tuxes and formal dresses (on our way to a concert we were singing) on Pine Street.

So then after the concert, this conversation took place between myself and a friend of mine:

Him - "Hey, there are my parents."

Me - "Oooh! Can I pretend to be your girlfriend?"

Him - "Why?"

Me - "Uh...I don't know. Because."

I was thinking about it, and that's just what theater majors do. We pretend to be the girlfriends of our gay friends - or at the very least, we pretend to have some kind of flirtation going on. You know, to cover up the truth. It's like an instinct.

One of the first things he said to his parents after introducing me was that I'm getting married.

He's a music major. They are not fun like us theater people.

If I'd been feeling adventurous, I would've said, "Yup, I'm getting married. TO YOUR SON!!!"

But I didn't.

No comments: