Wednesday, March 21, 2007

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

I keep a pump bottle of hand sanitizer on a shelf near the changing table. I am obsessive about sanitizing my hands after I take off the dirty/wet diaper. Then I put on the clean diaper, get rid of the old one (walking to the bathroom to dump the poop in the toilet if need be), wash my hands, and then use the hand sanitizer again. Needless to say, we go through the stuff pretty quickly.

You know how, when there's only a small amount left in the bottle, you pump vigorously (hahaha) and little drops of sanitizer come out in spurts? (HAHAHA) That happened tonight, and just as I was thinking, "man, we need to get a fresh bottle of this stuff", a drop flew into my eye.

That shit hurts.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" I screamed, pretty shrilly. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

"What happened?" Brian yelled from the other room.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"

"What?" (Impatient, now.)

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

"What did you do?", Brian asked as he walked into the nursery.

"The hand sanitizer...a droplet...flew in my eye...AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

"Are you okay?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Honestly, I'd probably still be screaming if I hadn't had to give the kiddo his bath and put him to bed. That shit still hurts.

1 comment:

Mother Hoodwink said...

A friend of mine once got shampoo in his eye and I offered him eye drops. Apparently it made it a lot worse. I felt bad for him, but it was funny.

Hope your eye is better.