Saturday, March 24, 2007

cry, cry, cry all the way home

I cried at the end of Scrubs last night. I literally gasped and burst into tears.

Brian laughed at me.

He always laughs at me now, when I tear up at a movie or TV show - ever since I cried at the end of Cars. I don't care what anyone says, the end of that movie is touching.

I've always been the kind of person who cries at movies and plays. When I saw Ragtime on Broadway, and Once on This Island at college, I was still crying as I walked out through the lobby. I consistently weep through Les Miserables. Heck, the BOOK of Les Miserables made me cry. The first time I saw Miss Saigon I cried so hard I lost a contact lens. I cried several times during The Return of the King the first time I saw it, and there are still at least two parts that consistently bring tears to my eyes. I cry at the end of "Pomp and Circumstance" in Fantasia 2000. I cry when Aladdin frees the Genie. I remember crying my eyes out at one particular episode of Ally McBeal. There was a Campell's soup commercial that used to make me cry. Heck, there was even a Britney Spears video that put a lump in my throat.

Catharsis is good.

But the ending of Scrubs last night - that really threw me for a loop. I was NOT expecting that.


(ps, A prize goes to the first person who identifies the quote in the title of this entry. Hint: the movie it's from made me laugh so hard, I cried.)

1 comment: