Wednesday, April 4, 2007

"...for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth..."

Brandon just fell asleep in his crib. Without me in the room. In the middle of the day.
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
It took about an hour, and we have to leave for a doctor's appointment in about 45 minutes (not really long enough for him to get a good nap in), but still. He fell asleep. In his crib. Without my help. For a nap. It's a miracle!!!
I usually don't tell people when Brandon takes positive steps with his sleeping, because I don't want to jinx it. But it's not like I expect him to repeat this anytime soon anyway, so I figured I might as well share my joy.

5 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Our babies must have got some sort of napping memo because the boy just did this yesterday and today for both naps! It was the first time ever he has taken a nap in his crib without being asleep before we put him in it.

I was going to wait until tomorrow and if he takes both of his naps in his crib, they I'm going to write about it. So yeah, we do have the same baby.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Oh and that dancing banana reminds me of the peanut butter jelly song. I just started singing this to the boy and he doubles over in laughter when he hears it.

Brian said...

So what! He's supposed to fall asleep by himself! That's what humans do!!!!

Kerry said...

We DO have the same baby. Just about every picture that we took in Kauai, we made him smile by singing that song.
And shut up, Brian. You know it's a big deal.

Mother Hoodwink said...

It's a HUGE deal!