Wednesday, April 11, 2007

i don't know what to title this entry

Brandon did a lot better this week at music class. Going to a second class didn't seem to phase him at all. (It probably helped that I gave him a snack while the first group of kids was leaving.) During the first class, he acted like the Mayor of Music Class, walking right up to any child (or baby) who wasn't participating and staring them down curiously. During the second class, he participated calmly, except for two small meltdowns - one, when I took away a small yellow flower (carried in by one of the other children) when he put it in his mouth, and one when I wiped a big boogie off of his nose. But overall, he did really, really well.

We have four more weeks of class before I get to sub for a week while my mentor goes to a convention on the mainland. I'm not sure if I'll be teaching all of her classes or just some of them - so it could be as many as ELEVEN classes. Oy. Trial by fire, anyone?

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Wait, eleven in one day? Because wow.

Kerry said...

LOL, oh God no. Eleven over four days; two on the first day and three each on the other three days. Man, I can't even imagine leading classes for eleven hours straight. Yikes.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Oh good because I was worried about your sanity for a second.