Sunday, May 13, 2007

soundtrack

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

Here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...

Opening Credits:
Little Red Corvette (Prince)

Waking Up:
Don’t Stop Believing (Journey)
If I could start every day with this song, my life would probably be a lot more fun.

First Day At School:
Here, There and Everywhere (The Beatles)

Childhood:
Daughters (John Mayer)
sniffle, sniffle

Falling In Love:
Take it From Here (Justin Timberlake)

Fight Song:
It Was a Very Good Year (Frank Sinatra)
That's one mellow fight!

Breaking Up:
Unchain My Heart (Ray Charles)

Prom:
What Would Brian Boitano Do? (DVDA version)
I'm guessing he would go to prom with a gay guy? Which is what I did.

Life:
Brick (Ben Folds Five)
I did write a play based on this song.

High School:
Welcome to the Jungle (Guns N Roses)

College:
Into the Groove (Madonna)

Mental Breakdown:
Moonlit Town (Dan Zanes)

Driving:
Asleep at the Wheel (Bloodhound Gang)
I don't even have to comment on how appropriate this one is. "I-95 EIGHT LANES WIDE!"

Flashback:
West Side Story (LFO)
YES, I'm a big dork who likes turn-of-the-millenium pop music.

Getting Back Together:
This ‘n’ That (Music Together)
This is a latin rhythm dance song from the music program I teach.

Wedding:
Unskinny Bop (Poison)

Birth of Child:
Every Breath You Take (UB40 remake from 50 First Dates)

Final Battle:
While the Music is Playing (Dan Zanes)
My final battle is almost as mellow as the earlier fight. Nothing like a final battle staged to a tuba bassline.

Death Scene:
Wander in the Summer Wind (Dan Zanes)

Funeral Song:
Without You (John Legend)

End Credits:
La Resistance Medley (from South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut)

No comments: