Wednesday, July 25, 2007

guess I'll go get a smoothie

I am out of cereal. I pulled out the box of Instant Breakfast that I bought two weeks ago, and it says "use by June 2007". W.T.F???????? The canister of Instant Breakfast that has been in my pantry for at least a year had a use-by date of May 2007. (I just threw it out, BTW.) So how long had that box been sitting on the shelf in the store before I bought it?
The worst part of all of this is that shortly after I bought it, I went through all of my grocery receipts and threw them all away. So I can't even return it.
Mofo.
I'm hungry.

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Did you get it from the commissary? Our commissary has been having this problem lately. It's annoying.

Kerry said...

Yup. Commissary. They're ridiculous. There were eggs there with a pack date of May 31st. Several cartons. Blows my mind.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Gross. I usually always check dairy products for the expiration date. A couple of weeks ago I bought some yogurt and checked the date on one and it was good. I bought about five others and figured they were all good too. It wasn't until a few days later when I opened one and it smelled rancid that I realized two of them were two months old. Gah! Why don't they check for this stuff?