Friday, August 24, 2007

Secret Entry #2

Morning sickness + killer cold from hell = NOT FUN

On a different topic, if you happen to know that someone is trying to become pregnant, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T ASK IF THEY ARE YET. First of all, if they're having trouble becoming pregnant, your questioning is just reminding them of their troubles and making them feel like shit. If they ARE pregnant, maybe they have a special way of announcing it planned. Maybe they're just not ready to tell yet. If they've had a previous early miscarriage, it is ESPECIALLY inappropriate for you to ask because they most likely are waiting to get past the point where they lost their previous pregnancy - and until they get to that point, they are having a lot of anxiety and possibly just don't want to think about it.

In any case, if they ARE pregnant, you just put them in a very difficult situation. Either you are forcing them to tell you before they are ready (because if they wanted you to know, they would have told you already), or you are forcing them to lie. Nice work.

And for all the TTC'ers out there...this is why you shouldn't ever tell anyone - EVER - that you are trying to become pregnant. Ever.

4 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Oh my God, is this about me? If it is, I'm so sorry.

Kerry said...

No no no! Not at all. It was more aimed towards family members. It didn't bother me when you asked.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Oh good because I was kind of starting to almost cry inside.

melanie jennifer said...

This is so true! My husband and I have been trying since May and unfortunately we told some people when we started. His Aunt emails me every few weeks like clockwork to ask if we are pregnant yet. I had to email her back telling her to stop. Not fun.