My diaper bag is actually a purple corduroy messenger bag that I got on clearance from the children's department at Old Navy, for about $3. At the time I meant to use it as a knitting bag, but it kind of evolved into a diaper bag.
The things that I always throw into my bag before I leave my house:
- cell phone
- 20 oz Rubbermaid sippy straw bottle full of water (for me)
- 10 oz Gerber color-change sippy cup full of soymilk
- 7 oz Gerber color-change sippy cup or 10 oz Take & Toss sippy cup with diluted juice (usually white grape)
- a Take & Toss snack cup of goldfish crackers and/or a Sassy snack cup of grapes
- a box of raisins
- a fuschia Sharpie mini
- green Chicco bag (reusable nylon shopping bag that folds into a little pouch and attaches to a keychain)
- my iPod
- a Power Bar (caramel peanut fusion)
The stuff that has accumulated in my bag:
- half a box of Sunmaid organic raisins
- two individually wrapped Wet Ones wipes
- A Chimes ginger/mint chew
- A box of regular Sunmaid raisins
- a small plastic Lightning McQueen
- a ticket stub from the Pineapple Express (the train ride at the Dole Plantation)
- my coupon organizer
- a handful of Jamba Juice napkins
- a Sushiman menu
- a bottle of Germ-X hand sanitizer
- 3 teething biscuits
- a box of 4 crayons from a restaurant somewhere (most likely IHOP)
- a cup of mandarin oranges
- a receipt from Ben Franklin Crafts
- a wallet photo holder
- honey-roasted peanuts from Southwest Airlines
- a vinyl bib
- a plastic utensil holder with 3 Take & Toss toddler forks
- a folding changing kit with a wet bag, a pack of CVS brand flushable toddler wipes and 3 disposable diapers
- a Fisher-Price Doodle Pro
- a box of Del Monte raisins
- an "emergency kit" with bandaids, a baby-sized nail file, a nasal aspirator, teething tablets, Baby Orajel, Neosporin, baby Triaminic strips, children's Benadryl fast melt tablets, children's Tylenol meltaways (I stocked my kit with non-liquid meds for our plane ride in June), a pack of Wet Ones, Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment and a Burt's Bees bug bite relief stick.
- a Burt's Bees lip shimmer in Rhubarb
- two loose crayons - yellow and orange (probably from Chili's)
In my little suede purse that I bring with me when I go out by myself (and to the park in the evenings when I don't have to bring the whole diaper bag), is a travel-sized bottle of California Baby citronella bug spray, and a handful of loose change on the bottom. Just this morning [as of when I wrote this originally - on 8/18] I emptied out all of the random receipts that were thrown into it; there were 3 bank deposit slips, a handful of Jamba Juice receipts and a handful of receipts from Long's (the drugstore) - both of these are places where I walk with Brandon in the stroller (with the changing kit, emergency kit, DoodlePro and my purse thrown in the basket underneath - along with snacks, drinks, and an empty Take & Toss straw cup).
And that's what's in my bag.
I don't know who to tag. As far as I know, nobody reads this except my mom. And Tara. Anyone want to be tagged?