A couple of hours after my nutritious breakfast, I took Brandon to the Aquarium. I knew that I would be hungry but for some reason I thought there was a snack bar there. There is not. I didn't even see a candy machine. Brandon had his box of raisins, and his teething biscuit (which I call a "cookie" now), and his juice and his milk. I had...water.
We left around 11:30. The whole way home I was trying to figure out what I was going to eat for lunch when we got home. The only things that were coming to mind were things that I absolutely have no access to. That's the way it's been so far with this pregnancy. Other than pickles (which also MUST be cold), and cheese quesadillas from Taco Bell for a couple of days very early on, I have been craving:
- bourbon chicken - the "cajun" place at Ala Moana closed months ago.
- chicken fingers from Raising Cain's - a chicken place in Louisiana
- the ahi burger I got at the Fish Hut in Kapa'a, Kaua'i - that thing was to die for. I have also craved their fried scallops.
- shrimp fajitas from ChiChis - a mexican restaurant we used to go to when I was a kid. Not only was it in New York, it closed at least 15 years ago (although the company still manufactures salsa)
- shrimp fried rice from the Chinese restaurant on my corner in Philly - closed at least 5 years ago
- shrimp tempura rolls from the sushi place we used to go to in New Orleans. Shrimp tempura rolls rock because they are crispy tempura-battered fried shrimp, rolled in chewy rice; and this one particular place drizzled a heavenly delicious creamy sauce over the top. So not only delicious, but crispy, chewy and creamy all at once. This is the craving that has been absolutely killing me for the past two days.