Wednesday, October 31, 2007

at least they had MSNBC on in the OB waiting room

Today I thought to myself, "the only thing worse than having to wait in the pharmacy waiting room for 20 minutes is being forced to watch Fox News while doing so." I mean, Sean Hannity was saying things like, "These people want to take God out of everything. They want to take 'In God we Trust' off of the coins, they want to take 'under God' out of the Pledge of Allegiance...I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to change the Declaration of Independence."

Wait a minute...what? Who said anything about the Declaration? I mean, other than you? Don't be absurd! The Declaration of Independence is an historical document. It would be downright stupidity to want to change it. The Pledge of Allegiance on the other hand? Not an historical document. And even if you think that it is so historically important that it should not be changed, then by your own logic, "under God" should definitely be taken out because it was added in just over 50 years ago! Look it up, people!

Anyway. I was wrong. There is something worse than being forced to watch Fox News while waiting for your prilosec: sitting next to somebody vociferously agreeing with Sean Hannity, to nobody in particular, as if he expects everyone in the room to cheer. "You know what, if you don't like having God in this country, you can just go somewhere else!"

Way to miss the point of religious freedom, jackass.

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Ughhhh, I just left a comment and Blogger ate it. Here it is again, recreated:

I KNOW! It seems the people that so vehemently believe Faux News are the most ignorant when it comes to the facts of our country. Did you know that a lot of our forefathers weren't even of a Christian faith but Deists?

Oh and YAY! for Prilosec.

Kerry said...

Yes! I did know about the Deist thing.
And I'm sorry, I just don't see how "endowed by their Creator" is a religious reference at all. It doesn't say "God", it says "Creator." That could mean anything.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Exactly! You and me *points back and forth*.