Saturday, October 6, 2007

dream on

Pregnancy has a tendency to bring vivid dreams, and you tend to remember them more than usual. Last night my dreams included:
  • a car chase with children in the car
  • handbells
  • memories of the lame music teacher at my elementary school when I was in 1st grade
  • a computer animated movie about mice getting on a ship (I frequently have movie dreams this pregnancy - not that I dream I'm watching a movie, but the movie is the dream. It's never real movies, it's ones that I make up.)
  • one of the moms in the playgroup we go to on Wednesdays called to tell me that they were coming to my house the next day. DH answered the phone and didn't tell me about it until we were falling asleep, and reminded me that I had to make some artichoke dip. Which is weird, because I have never even eaten artichoke dip, let alone made it. I make guacamole; as a matter of fact, I am known for it. The family of the woman who called in the dream is especially fond of my guacamole.
Well that was last night. I am looking forward to going to sleep again tonight so I can have more wacky dreams!

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Why does pregnancy bring crazy dreams? So weird.

Kerry said...

One explanation I've heard is that the dreams themselves aren't that much weirder, it's just that we remember more of them and in more detail because we wake up more often. *shrug*

Mother Hoodwink said...

Hmm, that's interesting.