Saturday, October 27, 2007

jaw dropping here...

I just went to Amazon.com and this was recommended for me on my home page:



They made a movie of Sweeney Todd starring Johnny Depp????? With Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter? And Sacha Baron Cohen? Directed by Tim Burton? How the hell did I not know about this????? This is going to be the greatest movie EVER. The best part? I bet Brian will actually come see it with me, gladly. I mean, it's a Tim Burton movie, after all.

But again...why was I not told about this??? See what happens when I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? I'm completely and totally out of the loop.

ETA: More things I was not told and just discovered on Amazon.com: Raul Esparza (who I love) starred in a revival of Company (which I am fond of), and Spring Awakening was composed by Duncan Sheik (whose little sister I lived with in the dorm). I should have my Theater Person card taken away for not knowing these things.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

I think my eyes look like that today after staying up with a barfing kid.

Is that what Sweeney Todd is about?? lol

Mother Hoodwink said...

I can't believe you didn't know about this! We are so excited to see this. Josh loves anything Tim Burton and I love Johnny Depp. Works out for us a lot since they work together so much.

Kerry said...

Sunshine, yeah, sick toddler, brutal murder and cannibalism...same thing. ;)

Brian likes both Tim Burton movies and Johnny Depp movies, but particularly any collaborations between the two. The fact that they did a Sondheim musical is just...wow. It's an unholy marriage of stuff Brian likes and stuff I like. It will be a lot easier to get him to go to this than, say, Rent.