Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I loooooooove Thanksgiving...

I like getting started on my Thanksgiving cooking early, not just because it makes my life easier on Thursday, but because the house smells festive for several days. Last night I had pumpkin pies in the oven (the recipe makes two so I now have one in the fridge and one in the freezer), and cranberry sauce cooking on the stove, and I also started simmering the marinade that we'll be injecting into the turkey. The pumpkin and cinnamon, the cranberries and orange, the chicken broth and herbs...it all blended together and made it smell like Thanksgiving. On Monday night. Suh-weet.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

I'm not a huge a fan of pumpkin pie but Josh is so I bought a frozen one for him but I did make two chocolate pecan pies for the first time. Mmmm. I haven't tried any yet but I can't wait for tomorrow so I can. I love this time of year!

Kerry said...

Mmmm...pecan pie...the only way I'm able to justify not making a pecan pie is that there's a pecan topping on the pumpkin cheesecake (I make both because Brian INSISTS on having pumpkin pie)...but it's not really the same thing...Mmmmm...pecan pie...Maybe I'll go southern for Christmas and make pecan pie and bread pudding...drool...