Thursday, December 6, 2007

beware of knitting patterns in blogs...

...because not everyone who posts patterns in their blogs knows what the heck they're doing. Granted, I say this as someone who hopes to eventually start posting patterns here, but I just knitted a hat for an adult that turned out approximately large enough for a toddler. I can't go into too much detail here, since it's a Christmas present, but upon unraveling about 30 rows (which sucks to do, let me tell you) I discovered that it wasn't the whole pattern that was to blame, it was just the last 30 rows that are completely illogical and not thought-through. So I have to re-write the end of the pattern myself and hope it turns out better. I don't have time for crap like this - it's December 5th and I only have about half of my gifts done. That'll teach me to find patterns by googling.

Incidentally, I do plan on posting pictures of all the things I've been knitting lately, after Christmas.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

That's why when I put up a knitting pattern, I put up a photo of the finished product I made too!!

I totally get the taking out rows, that completely bites.

Kerry said...

That's the weird thing, she posted pictures of the hat, but no pictures of it actually on somebody's head. There are a few comments from other people who've made it and it seemed to work for them, so maybe my garter stitch just isn't as stretchy as theirs or something.

And I knew that if any of my readers would get it, it would be you. :)