Tuesday, December 25, 2007

happy ho-ho-ho to you!

I would like to thank the following people for making this Christmas rock:
  • Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, for helping me feel like a theater person again. I never get to go see shows anymore - ever - so being able to go see Sweeney Todd made me very, very happy, even if it meant I had to go to the (big) mall on Saturday, December 23rd (it wasn't as bad as I was expecting). Thank you to them for doing a good job with it. I would have hated to have been disappointed like I was with the Rent movie.
  • David Lebovitz, for writing The Perfect Scoop. Your vanilla ice cream was a perfect addition to my Thanksgiving spread, and the chocolate that I just took out of my ice cream maker was already absolutely to die for before I even froze it. (Now that it's frozen, though...Holy freakin' God.) My hat's off to you, sir. You rock.
  • Rachael Ray, for the Venetian Shrimp and Scallops recipe I'm making tonight. I knew I wanted to do Shrimp and Scallops (since, as Giada and Mario taught me, a seafood feast on Christmas Eve is traditional in Italian homes - which struck me as a very, very good idea), but I had no idea what exactly to do with them. Ray Ray to the rescue! I puffy heart the Food Network. (ETA: very yummy. The crushed red pepper gives it a nice kick, and the lemon zest is very subtle. Yum yum yum yum yum.)
  • Hershey's, for making teeny tiny Peppermint Patties and Peanut Butter Cups for baking into cookies. Um, yum.
  • Brian, for coming up with the idea of staying at the Hale Koa (the military-owned resort on the beach in Waikiki) for three nights last week. A "Hawaiian Vacation" was exactly what we needed.

No comments: