Wednesday, December 5, 2007

more about those silly lights

I found them! At Walmart out in Kunia. They are strings of 50, so naturally I bought 8 sets. Yup, that's eight strings of random twinkle lights. I'm probably only ever going to use 2 at a time, maybe 3 or 4, but I've been actively looking for them for 5 years (and been keeping my eyes open for them since I was, oh, about 10 years old and saw them in a department store holiday display) and I want to make sure that I always have a backup supply. Sure, I could've waited until the end of the season and gotten them on clearance...but who's to say that there still would've been any left?
So since I found them yesterday, and we decorated the tree on Sunday, it'll be one more year until I'm able to use them. But next year...oh, baby my tree will be awesome. ... And surrounded by a big plastic play yard fence. *shrug* Oh well.