Sunday, December 9, 2007

oy.

When I had my 20-week ultrasound with Brandon, I remember still not being sure if I could feel him moving around or not. With this pregnancy, I could feel the baby moving at 14 weeks, which can totally be explained by the usual explanation of "you are more sensitive to the baby's movements the second time around, and you are more easily able to tell the difference between the baby moving and digestive sensations." But that explanation doesn't even come close to explaining why, at 19 weeks, I could feel him kicking from the outside (when I put my hand on my belly) or why, at 20 weeks, I could see him kicking - my belly is already moving.

I was convinced that Brandon was going to break one of my ribs by the time he was born. This little one is even stronger. Pray for me.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Your floating baby says your 21 weeks. How are you this far along already? Next week I'll be 30 weeks. Where is the time going? We haven't even begun on the nursery yet. I'm getting nervous.

Kerry said...

Tell me about it. I've been so focused on the holidays (including Brandon's birthday) - not to mention the new car - that things like getting a new carseat and a double stroller, extra cloth diapers, a new dresser, etc...have been completely on the back burner. At least I don't have to buy any new clothes.