Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm going to go ahead and take the credit on this one

Over the past week or so I have discovered that my 2-year-old knows letters. He can identify: I, B, P, O, C, K, Z, Q, and W ("duh-boo"). (I may be forgetting a couple.) I was absolutely shocked to discover this. Either he's learning more than I realized when we play with his blocks and read his alphabet books, or the most annoying toy in the world actually serves a purpose other than to use as a beatbox in "letter sounds" mode. (Which I have to admit is kind of fun.)

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

I love that caterpillar toy. My nephew had one and I would always push the letters really fast so it would sound out bad words. I wasn't the most responsible babysitter.

Kerry said...

Yeah, you can't do that anymore. If you try, it giggles.
My brother and SIL bought it for him, I'm pretty sure it was so that THEY could play with it while they were here.