Monday, January 21, 2002

an omen

I picked up my dress yesterday. I'm a bride!! A REAL bride!

Also yesterday it snowed. I love snow, especially when I don't have to drive around in it.

As we were driving out to pick up the dress, there were a few scattered flakes here and there. As soon as we got off the highway, however, it started coming down pretty heavily - tiny little snowflakes, falling pretty gently, but there were a lot of them.

"It's an omen! It's an omen!" I kept on squealing.

You see, there's this thing about weddings in my family: there tends to be extreme weather. When my parents got married, it was so hot that the power went out at the reception. My sister got married on May 30, 1999, and it was in the high 90's. My cousin got married last June, in Maine, and it was around 100 degrees.

We figure this either means that the day of my wedding (December 27th) be freakishly warm (as it was this year) or really, really cold.

I'm hoping for snow. What could be better for a winter wedding than snow? Of course since the wedding is in a town surrounded by hills, I'm hoping for it to have snowed the day before so that the roads can be nice and plowed, and then I want it to snow gently on my wedding day. Kind of how it snowed yesterday, the day I picked up my dress.

It's an omen. AN OMEN, I SAY!!!

No comments: