Wednesday, February 27, 2008

somebody needs to save me from myself

I was making a double batch of pizzagna (and let me tell you, that is a freakin' lot of food) and as I tried to get my hand underneath one of the pans to lift it out of the VERY VERY HOT 500 degree oven, the side of my arm touched the inside of the oven door. (I only open the door about halfway so it I can close it quickly if Brandon comes into the room.) This is not the first time I've done this but it's definitely worse this time than last. You'd think I would have learned by now that I really should open the door ALL THE WAY. Apparently not.

The best part? I had decided, for some stupid reason, to use one of those silicone pot grabbers on that hand, and an oven mitt on the other. If I had been wearing the oven mitt on the hand that touched the door, I would not have gotten burned.

Fabulous.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

I'm sorry about your burn but pizzagna? What kind of devil food is that? It looks delicious!

Kerry said...

It is AMAZING. More like baked ziti than lasagna but it really does taste like pizza. And it freezes well. I have like 6 or 7 single-serving portions of it in my freezer for after the baby comes.