Wednesday, March 5, 2008

feelin' pretty good

I feel like I should give an update about my back pain, since my entries about it have elicited some concern. (I mean, my brother actually called me to make sure I was okay. My brother!)

I am doing much, much better. I still have some muscle soreness and stiffness but the shooting pain is (knock on wood) gone. The baby dropped last week and it seems that his head had been pressing into a nerve; and now it isn't. *phew*.

And, yes, it is awfully early for him to be dropping, but I was carrying insanely high (as I did for most of my pregnancy with Brandon) and I think that maybe when the chiropractor popped that one vertebra in my mid-back back into place, it allowed him to drop to a somewhat more normal level. That's my theory, anyway. I know he still has plenty farther to drop because he's still pressing into my diaphragm (breathing is hard sometimes) and my stomach (twice in the past week I've been suddenly awakened by vomit making its way up - fantastic!).

And just to out-gross that last sentence, I'll also let you know that the burn on my wrist scabbed over and is now flaking off.

So, all things considered, I'm doing pretty well.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I'm a Mom - you know that nothing grosses us out :)

I am so glad you're feeling better. And don't pick at that scab!