Saturday, March 15, 2008

"A month to go? REALLY?"

Just about every single day, somebody somewhere says one of the following to me: "Any day now?" or "You look like you're about to pop!" I can honestly say that it doesn't actually bother me - I guess it's just bouncing off of my Bubble of Peace (yay Hypnobabies!) - but I'm baffled by it. I will be 35 weeks tomorrow; as of yesterday I was exactly 3 weeks from the point where I was when I had Brandon. And I know that I got much bigger by the time he came out - and I really feel like this one will stay in a little longer than 37 weeks, 5 days. I do feel big, because let's face it, I am. (I am 35 weeks pregnant after all.) But I don't in any way feel "ready to pop".

The really weird thing is that it's mostly women who have children of their own who are making the comments. I guess everybody just kind of forgets what those last few weeks of pregnancy are really like, and just how huge you really do get. For instance, I don't know if I'll still be able to do this three weeks from now:



...but then again, you never know. I specifically remember sitting in bed in the Mom & Baby ward the day after Brandon was born, looking at the clock and being annoyed that I was missing yoga class.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

That picture is so cute!

How you can do that this late in the game, I don't know. At that point in pregnancy, I couldn't separate my legs enough to step into my pants.

What is it with people and their stupid comments? I was IMing with an old friend when I was eight months pregnant and when I told him how far along I was, he said, "Wow. You must be HUGE!" Uh, yeah. Thanks.

You do not look huge, btw. You have the perfect pregnant tummy. And no stretch marks?! Jealous!!

Kerry said...

Aw, thanks. :)

Oh, and I do have some stretch marks from last time, you just can't see them. I'm sure I'll get a few more when my milk comes in again.