Monday, March 31, 2008

my little boy really knows how to take care of Mommy

So, I also managed to hurt my shoulder. My left shoulder, surprise, surprise! I don't know if it happened when I fell but it hurts like a MOFO when I tighten Brandon's carseat straps.

Anyway.

Today I had an appointment at 3pm for a pedicure. I had told my friends that I had never had one, ever in my life, so they got me a gift card to get one as a baby gift. (I have awesome friends.) So I was on my way out the door today to go get my pedicure, and I went to get the gift card from the envelope, which was clipped to the fridge, and the card was GONE. The envelope was there, but it was empty. Luckily it's a Navy Exchange gift card so we can use it to buy pretty much anything, once we find it, but I just about freaked out. I sat down on the stairs and started crying.

Now here's the cool part of this story: Brandon walked up to me, asked what was wrong (I think - he was speaking toddler-ese), gave me a hug, and encouraged me to come into the living room to watch the Wyclef concert that Brian was watching. ("Dah-see? Mommy, dah-see!" - all music is "dah-see" [dancing] to him.) I must be doing something right. He is so empathetic, it really warms my heart.

I went to the appointment anyway, by the way, and I'm SO GLAD I did. Not only did it feel great, but now no matter how primal and un-ladylike I get during my birthing time, I will have pretty pink toenails.

1 comment:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Aw, what a sweet boy. It only proves what good parents you guys are.

Pedicures are such a treat. I've only ever had one but I have it has one of my rewards for every five pounds I lose.