Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I got the idea while watching "What Not to Wear"

My hair is getting too long. I was enjoying the long hair for a while but now it's just too long. And by the time JD is old enough for me to be able to leave him for long enough to go get my hair cut...well, it'll be even longer. Much longer.

I realized today that rather than just getting a couple of inches cut off, I should just go back to the short cut I used to have and donate my hair to Locks of Love. I'm only half an inch shy of the 10-inch minimum so I'm sure that by the time I'm able to get to the salon, it'll be plenty long enough. So at least somebody else will be able to benefit from my inability to just make an appointment for a darn haircut every once in a while.

4 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Well it figures. I was just telling Josh the other day that I needed my hair cut (Have an appointment Thursday!!) and wanted to donate to Locks of Love. I'm going to get the shortest haircut I've ever gotten. I'm a scurred.

Kerry said...

Jesus! Can't one of us do ANYTHING that the other one isn't doing? This is just getting silly.

Don't be scared! Short hair is fun. It makes you feel really bouncy. And you can wear it down with much less chance of the baby getting a fistful of it.

lewister said...

Don't forget to account for the extra inch or so to make the cut, then a little more for styling afterward. They measure from the ponytail holder, then cut above it.

Also, there are a couple of groups that accept 8" lengths. You might consider one of those if you're concerned about cutting to much.

(I'm making the cut in two weeks for the Pantene program. Don't care how short it gets as long as it isn't long and scraggly anymore!)

Dianne said...

what a lovely thing to do!

and I bet you'll look great in short hair