Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my boring life

I haven't written in two weeks because nothing particularly interesting has been going on. Here's a summary of the highlights:
  • Jackie has pooped only twice in the past week and a half.
  • No store has ties for toddlers after Easter. Apparently little boys aren't supposed to have formal occasions during the summer. I actually found exactly what I'm looking for from a vendor on Amazon, but I need it by Sunday and it would never get here on time. Especially since that vendor doesn't have express shipping. But why would I pay for overnight shipping for a TIE, anyway? I'm thinking that Brandon won't be wearing a tie to Jackson's Baptism.
  • I did some vinyasa-style yoga yesterday and I am SORE AS A MOFO, which I guess I should have expected, considering that I haven't done a vinyasa since September. I feel like I did about 50 push-ups.
  • Brandon has a new toy electric guitar. (Which is way cool and fun to play with, seriously!) Together with his toy ukulele and his (real) Little Martin, that's three guitars. His collection is catching up to Daddy's...although he still has quite a ways to go before he matches that monstrosity of a collection. We don't think that he is going to grow up to be a professional musician (although who knows) - but he sure is serious about the guitar right now.
    (There used to be a picture here of Brandon sleeping, still holding his guitar. I took it down because I am a crazy mama bear.)

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Aw, you guys call him Jackie? Cute.

Usually Children's Place has ties year round. I checked their site and they had one tie. One design and too small. Probably left over from Easter. They have nice sweater vests though. That's a good alternative to a tie.

Brandon is one of the coolest kids ever.

Kerry said...

That's weird, I couldn't find any ties at their website. They didn't have any in the store, either, and neither did Gymboree. I'm told they have some at Janie & Jack, but I don't like the pattern and I don't want to pay $18 for it.
I got him a patterned shirt, so I think we'll be okay.

Dianne said...

He'll look fabulous! :)

He's a musician and they can not dress by rules!

Love the photo, now that's dedication.

and I've read that children interested in music learn better overall.

Nice to hear from you again - I was wondering what was up.