Monday, July 7, 2008

just letting y'all know

My in-laws are visiting right now, and the day after they leave, we're going to the Big Island. So that's why I haven't been posting much lately, and probably won't be posting much for the next week or so.

Brandon isn't handling the disruption to his schedule very well; he's doing his best but he is only two after all, so hopefully we won't be doing too much more that's past his bedtime. We had to leave the luau tonight before the show started because he was outright weeping. It was no worse than I was expecting.

The fireworks on the 4th weren't exactly a hit with him, either. He liked them a lot at first, but I think they went on for too long...I don't think it was the noise, I think we were just too close to where they were being set off. I remember being scared by fireworks when I was a kid, when they look like they're coming right at you, you know?

It's tough to be two and a half.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

It is tough to be two and a half! Poor kid. Sensory overload, schedule disruption, guests, travel, new baby.

I get cranky if the mail is late.

Hang in there Brandon :)

Mother Hoodwink said...

Aww, poor guy.

Have fun on the big island!