Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a simple request

I don't ask for things. I never ask for help, ever...that's my major issue. I'd rather take it all on myself and soldier on through whatever happens than be a burden on anyone else. But I'm asking for help now, because I really need it.

I need prayers, vibes, good thoughts, whatever kind of positive energy you can send my family's way.

Ever since I found out that Brandon's tonsil-and-adenoid-ectomy involves general anesthesia (not the sleepy/amnesiac/not-completely-out stuff that they used for his frenulectomy) I've been trying so hard not to think about it that I've been having panic attacks and nightmares about completely unrelated things. Like, "if I push the stroller down this hill, Jackie will fall out and land in the street" and "if I go snorkeling I will get run over by a jetski and get smushed into the reef" and "I don't know what to make for dinner". Despite the fact that I have pushed the stroller down that hill hundreds of times and there are no jetskis in Hanauma Bay and it's just dinner for Pete's sake.

So please keep us in your thoughts the day after tomorrow, Thursday July 24, when Brandon will be in the hospital. I would really appreciate it. :)

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Prayers have already been said but I'll keep them coming. He'll be fine. And so will your dinner.

Dianne said...

He will be fine and the silly thoughts will move on to another Mom.

I always think of you, now I'm thinking extra hard

hugs kid

Dianne said...

just stopped in to say try very hard to get a good night's rest and all will be fine tomorrow

let us know when you can