Friday, August 1, 2008

terrible twos so bad, it requires hospitalization...literally

I am home tonight for the first time since yesterday morning, and I figured that while I am waiting for the washer to finish so I can put Brian's uniform in the dryer, I might as well let everyone know what's going on.

I brought Brandon to the ER Wednesday morning because he'd been refusing to drink anything and was clearly dehydrated. (One wet diaper in 24 hours = very very bad.) We got there around 8am and got called back around 10. We got admitted to the Peds ward around 6pm and he is still there. (Brian is with him tonight. Jackie and I were at the hospital for almost 37 hours by the time we left.) We probably won't be able to bring Brandon home until at least tomorrow afternoon. He's basically not allowed to leave until he's drinking normally. And you can probably guess how that's going.

The infuriating thing is that he's eating, just not drinking. So it's not that his throat hurts too much to swallow or anything like that...he's just being stubborn.

I will have so much to write about when this is all over...so, so much. Right now I'm going to go finish packing my bag for an indefinite stay, because I'm going back at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow so Brian can go back to work. At least this time I'll have deodorant and a toothbrush with me.

1 comment:

Mother Hoodwink said...

This sucks. I hope everything gets back to normal soon and Brandon is ok.