Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I only have three more months to plan this thing!

It shouldn't be surprising that I'm already trying to plan Brandon's birthday party. (His birthday is at the end of November.) I say trying, because we haven't decided on a theme yet. I was so sure that he would want a Mickey Mouse party...but all of a sudden, he just isn't into Mickey Mouse anymore. I can't remember the last time we even watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It kind of makes me sad.

Well anyway, I often ask Brandon what kind of party he wants for his birthday: Mickey, Blue's Clues, Elmo, Yo Gabba Gabba, or trains. He usually says trains. At various times today alone, he said he wanted a train party; a train cake with Lion King balloons (you may note, I never offered up Lion King as an option, he came up with that all on his own); and a Yo Gabba Gabba dance party (he came up with the "dance party" part himself - which, coincidentally, is what the Nickelodeon website suggests).

While I was reading him his favorite book at bedtime, I got a fantastic idea - a Green Eggs and Ham party. A cake that looks like green eggs and ham! How awesome would that be? And the colors in that book are awesome. I pitched the idea to Brandon but I don't think he really understood what I was talking about. He was also a little distracted, asking me to lay the baby on top of him again and again - "Again, Mommy! Again! Eat Bennan hair!!" (He just thinks it's the funniest thing ever when the baby tries to eat his hair - which he invariably does when I lay him on top of Brandon, tummy to tummy.)

I'm still pushing the Blues Clues party - I actually think a big blue pawprint would be the easiest cake (and look the nicest), and I have such an awesome idea for an invitation. Although I could have a lot of fun with a Yo Gabba Gabba dance party, too. Just picture it - a cake shaped like a retro 80's boombox! I'd be buying party favors at Hot Topic!

The little bugger is probably going to insist on a train party, though. Ah, well, I have at least two parties to go with Jackson where he has no idea what's going on and I get to do whatever I want.

3 comments:

Ty'sMommy said...

Ahhh yes. The birthday party of a toddler. I've had free reign over Ty's, so far, but I have the distinct feeling that my days are numbered. He started preschool this month, and undoubtedly,he is going to have some very strong opinions come March. God, please don't let it be Barney....

Mother Hoodwink said...

I'm sure you've seen the train cake pan. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku8239147/index.cfm?pkey=cbkwcak&ckey=bkwcak

A Yo Gabba Gabba party would be awesome.

Kerry said...

Naturally. I'd try to find it on eBay, though, because $30+ for a cake pan I'll probably use once, maybe twice? Not quite. I still can't believe I spent $15 on a Lightning McQueen pan.
The front-runners right now are Blue's Clues, Little Einsteins and Rock Star.
I might have a Yo Gabba Gabba party for myself.