Saturday, September 6, 2008

bullet-licious

It's been a while - I had family in town - so without further ado, here's some bullets:

  • The latest on the birthday party front: "Spuss-bop" aka, SpongeBob. I need to figure out what I'm going to do for the invitations to top last year's.
  • I made the cake. I understand some of Pablo's criticisms but I still think he's a dumbass. The moistness did, in fact, dissipate, or dessicate, or whatever the hell he meant when he said "designate", when individual slices were refrigerated. Not like a fog on its way to mass, though. I don't think I'll use the cake recipe again, but the frosting was awesome. None of my pirate guests said the cake was moist (it wasn't, particularly) but they did say it was delicious.

    Please excuse the blips in the decorating...I was working without a turntable and this was the first time my frosting was firm enough to actually decorate with it. (Yeah, so, I figured out why my buttercream never turned out right...I didn't have a stand mixer. All hail the almighty Kitchenaid.)
  • My nephews came to visit. They are 3-year-old twins (about 8 months older than Brandon). They got along fantastically. People tended to think that they were triplets, especially when they were dressed for the beach, since they all had the same rashguard. (Rock on Old Navy.) I will show you a picture, try not to let your eyeballs melt from the cuteness.

  • Participating in the timesuck that is Twitter has really opened my eyes to something that I already knew but didn't really think about: random people who I haven't met and probably never will may be reading my blog. So I'm not going to post pictures of my kids' faces here anymore. In fact, I think I'm going to go back and remove any pictures or videos of them that I have already posted. Call me wacky, but I just don't feel right about it anymore. If you'd like to be put on the access list for my family blog, let me know what your email address is, and if I know you, I'll add it to the list. You'll have to have a blogger account, but there's no other way to do it. (ETA: Nothing against you "strangers" who actually comment here, and whose blogs I read, too. I consider you to be people who I know. It's the randoms lurkers that worry me. No offense to the random lurkers, either...but if I don't know you, I don't want you seeing my kids.)
  • Jack cut his first tooth. I know exactly when it happened, too, because he was chewing on my finger at the time. Not many kids can say that they cut their first tooth on Waikiki Beach...my baby is very special.

4 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Too bad about not being able to post pictures and videos anymore.

I bet Brandon had a lot of fun with his cousins.

First tooth already?! Maggie has been working on her first one forever. I'm hoping once it pops out, her crying won't be so horrendous.

Dawn's Thoughts said...

Hi I haven't met you in person but do know Bri. I am "K's" mom. I blog too although I haven't posted in a bit. I liked seeing the kids and watching how they resemble the daddy and uncle. I also love to knit although "K" is already doing much better than I am. Your cake looked great by the way. Check me out and if you wish to respond feel free. Tell Bri hello. Thanks

Kerry said...

Hi Dawn! I put you on the list for the family blog - you're family! I look forward to meeting you at the wedding. :)

Dianne said...

I love "spuss-bop"! I think you should create an actual character - the anti SpongeBob!