Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I express my opinion at the risk of being blacklisted by the New World Order

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why the jackasses on CNN are talking about how horrible and irresponsible it was of the House of Representatives to fail to pass the Bailout, how they're supposed to do what's right for the country...wait, what???? They did! Because, you know, the last time I checked, America is a democracy. Which means that, first of all, the opinions of the constituents are supposed to matter; and second, this is not a feudalistic society, where the hard work of the serf peasant average man pays for the ruling class's right to do whatever the hell they want. There are other ways to fix the economy without giving people who f***ed up a free ride at the taxpayer's expense.

Two years ago, I had it as a goal to get my weekly grocery bill under $100. Yesterday, I paid $249 and was glad it wasn't higher. I fail to see how giving Wall Street $700 billion would help that situation at all. I thought Trickle-Down Economics didn't work?

So why are the pundits pissed off, when the rest of us are relieved? I don't get it.

http://www.truthout.org/bailout

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Sorry, I don't know how to post links all fancy like in the comments.

Love this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/29/miron.bailout/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Mother Hoodwink said...

Preach on! I totally agree.

Ty'sMommy said...

AMEN, Sistah!!! How about spending that $700 billion on something a little more important, like say, homelessness in America? Education? Health Care? Nah...we don't really need to worry about THOSE kinds of things....*snark*

Marci said...

AMEN!