Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm actually pretty impressed.

Brandon's favorite book right now is Green Eggs and Ham. His favorite character is the goat, or as he says it, the "goap". Every page where the goat appears, Brandon points it out and exclaims, "goap!" He absolutely insists that that's how the word is pronounced. Or maybe it's just the Seussian goat that is a "goap", I don't know for sure.

Anyway, we decided that Brandon absolutely had to have a t-shirt with a picture of the goat, with the word "goap" under it. I scanned a picture out of the book, spent quite a lot of time in Photoshop, making the surrounding area in the image transparent, and painting out the stuff that bled through from the facing page. I uploaded it to Zazzle, designed my shirt, and placed the order yesterday.

I've gotta hand it to the folks at Zazzle, they're actualy paying attention. They immediately recognized it as a copyrighted image and cancelled my order. Good for them.

I'm still making the shirt. I'll just buy a blank one and print out an iron-on. It's not like I was going to sell it or anything - I just want a funny shirt that's only funny to me and Brian, that will only be funny for maybe a month or two until Brandon starts saying the word right.

GOAP!

4 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

There's a site that I came across a long time ago that specialized in children's shirts made with a picture of anything you wanted and a spelling of how your child pronounced it. If the object you want didn't have a picture already, they would create one for you. I'm sure they could make a "goap" that closely resembles the Suess one.

I can't remember the name of the site so I'm searching through my bookmarks and googling to find it. I'll let you know.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Found it!

http://www.temporarylanguage.com/

Kerry said...

Those shirts are pretty cute! I'm too cheap, though. I already have a pack of iron-on transfers and for $30, I could buy three or four blank t-shirts.

Dianne said...

"Goap" is cool :)

shirt sounds like a cool idea.

I did something similar a while back. I took a photo of my neighbor's boy wearing his favorite shirt. Played with the photo until he and his favorite part of his favorite shirt were most prominent.

Uploaded that photo to Kodak Gallery and put it on a shirt.

He calls it his 'shirt of shirts' !!!

We did it cause his shirt was wearing out.