Saturday, September 13, 2008

my brain might need an oil change, it's running a little sluggishly

Today I took the boys shopping. First we went to Toys R Us to get a present for the little girl whose birthday party we're going to on Sunday. What on earth does a 1-year-old girl like? I have no way of knowing, but I made my best guess and brought it to the register...at which point I realized that I didn't have my wallet. So I put the boys back in the car, drove home, grabbed my wallet from in front of the computer, got back in the car, went back to the toy store, and made my purchase.

Then we went across the street to the mall. Fist we had smoothies, then we went to The Children's Place to get some new jeans for both boys. As it turns out, neither of them has jeans in their current size - the last time I bought for Brandon was a year ago, and the first pair I bought for him was a size 12-18 months, so I don't have any hand-me-downs for Jackie right now. And yes, I do think it's important that my 5-month-old has jeans. Besides, they are $14.50 a pair or two for $22, so why not?

Anyway, I held up two pairs of jeans and asked Brandon which one he liked better - the one with the pockets and loops, or the regular ones. "Pockets!" Carpenter jeans it is. I grabbed a pair of Classics for Jack and went the register. As I was putting them down, I noticed that Jack's pair was a size 6-9 months, which was odd, since I had meant to grab a 12 month (I usually buy up a size when it comes to things like jeans and shorts). Once that was rectified, I paid, and we went on our merry way.

It wasn't until we got home that I noticed that Brandon's pair is a 24-month instead of a 3T. So I grabbed the wrong size - one size too small - two times in as many minutes. And now I get to go back to the frickin' mall to get the right size. Fan-freakin'-tastic.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Ugh, I hate days like that.

Got to hand it to you though, a toddler and a baby at the mall by yourself? I still can't do it. Gavin is just too much of a social butterfly and has a hard time listening when there are new things to see. Hopefully soon he'll calm down.

Kerry said...

Two words: Joovy Ultralight. And I always, always, always, do outings during Jack's morning naptime.