Monday, October 13, 2008

busy busy busy

I've been complaining a lot lately. Sorry to be such a negative Nellie. I have a friend who has the exact same birthday as I do (same year and everything) and he's been really intense lately with posting political stuff on Facebook. So I think that we both have the same kind of energy right now - I'm totally blaming it on astrology - it's just that he's channeling it into something somewhat productive, whereas I just come here and bitch. *shrug*

I do have some entries planned...For instance, I finally finished knitting that lace scarf, I'll post about it when I have it blocked. I've just been putting my energy into different things lately. I'm working on a knol about natural alternatives to shortening in buttercream icing. I joined Facebook and am totally addicted to it. I've been reading a lot; I was invited into the Amazon Vine program and I have some reviews to write. I've been doing a lot of work on the video montages for Brandon at age 1 and Brandon at age 2 - I'm working on them both simultaneously, in an attempt to get caught up. I'm still sorting through photos and video clips, and editing together the music. (These video montages will be posted on my family blog; if you would like to be granted access to the family blog, let me know. I'm obivously picky about who I put on the list, but I know that there are people who read this blog who I wouldn't mind reading that blog.)

I've been spending a lot of time chasing Jackson around, since he's started crawling. I've also been spending a lot of time holding him, since he got his 6 month shots on Friday and has been feeling a little cranky. He's also been waking up before dawn...seriously, it's dark out right now as I'm typing this and he crawls around the living room. Brandon's also been a little clingy lately as he gets used to the changes in his bedtime routine. (We started moving Jack into the crib, so Brandon has to be consierably quieter since the baby is asleep in the same room!)

I also managed to hurt my ankle yesterday...not sure if it's yet another sprain or not, it doesn't hurt all that much, but I kind of passed out a little right after it happened, which happened two or three times of the five or six times I've gotten sprains. (I've honestly lost count.) So things have been a little crazy lately. But on the bright side, I finally got my waffler/sandwich press/pizzelle maker. And I made pizzelles last night. And the angels sang.

3 comments:

Dawn's Thoughts said...

Try taking some vitamin e oil caps. and warm the oil then apply to your ankle it may help. (Old wives tale of my M-in-Law) I am looking forward to seeing the lace scarf. Plans are moving along here. Before we know it we'll be meeting face to face. Have a great day.

Mother Hoodwink said...

I hope your ankle gets better soon.

I saw your Facebook status and got jealous that you had pizzelles.

That Amazon Vine program looks cool. Congrats on getting free stuff.

Kerry said...

My ankle is actually fine. I iced it and wore a brace for a couple of days and it's like nothing ever happened - which makes the passing out really weird.

Dawn, you'll probably get to see the scarf in person, since I made it for Carmel. (I showed it to her in progress when she was here, so it's not like I'm giving anything away by saying that.)

Re: the Amazon Vine program...all of the reviews I've written over the years have finally paid off. Getting mediocre books for free is definitely better than paying for them.