Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm so beyond caring enough to be polite

Almost two weeks ago, I placed an order for a part for Jackson's carseat. The part itself costs about $5, but nobody will ship it for less than $15. (Ridiculous!) I found one site that had the shipping cost listed as $5 (although the part itself was $6.99). So I placed an order...kind of. There was never any page to enter payment information. It said that I would get an email from a manager, and I was like...um, what? Okay...
So today, almost two weeks later, I finally got an email. It read:
"Hi
Sorry, we do not ship outside the United States
Huffman's"
That was it.

Usually when I'm pissed off and writing an email, I go out of my way to be civil and polite and intelligent-sounding. I try to never stoop to anyone's level. But I just don't have the patience for these people. So this was my response:
"Sorry, but Hawaii is part of the United States. Has been for quite a while now.
But thanks for getting back to me ever so quickly."
I mean, sheesh.

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Good grief! I give you a lot of credit about all that shipping crap. I don't understand why Hawaii is that difficult to ship to anyways. So what, it's an island. We have planes now, I hear.

Kerry said...

It especially blows my mind when somebody refuses to ship something that would fit in a flat-rate box. Or, like, an envelope.

Dianne said...

I've been ordering cat litter online when suddenly they tripled their shipping charges.

I could arrange for someone to pick it up for me cheaper.