Saturday, November 1, 2008

vote-y vote vote vote vote

(The title of this entry is to be sung to the tune of "Jumpy jump jump" or "Skippy skip skip" from Yo Gabba Gabba.)

I voted yesterday afternoon. It was a family event. I choose a booth at the end so that I could pull Jackson's stroller alongside and he could peek up at me from under the curtain. Brandon went in the booth with Brian.

It was my third presidential election, each one in a different state. (2000 - New York [absentee ballot]; 2004 - Louisiana; 2008 - Hawaii) I am really hoping that my candidate actually wins this time. Then the picture I took of my children in front of the "Vote Early Here" sign will mean something someday. My sons will be able to say: I was there when my parents voted in 2008. I was there when the world changed.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that if McCain wins, and that scary, scary woman is a heartbeat away from running the country, I'm gettin' the heck out of Dodge. HAHAHA, it's funny because I'm leaving the country regardless! I kind of don't have a choice. (See the left sidebar for a countdown.) And then someday, my boys can have their status as "real" Americans challenged because they lived in a foreign, non-Christian country for a while when they were young. Ah, well, at least there will be good sushi.

1 comment:

Mother Hoodwink said...

We plan on making voting a big family event too. I was going to get the kids Obama shirts to wear but then I learned that you couldn't wear any candidates' name on you. Oh well.

This is my third election too. Did you know that our first time voting was the 80th anniversary of women being able to vote? I find that kind of cool and yet really sad.