Saturday, October 25, 2008

waiting for gabba

I realized today that the choreography on Yo Gabba Gabba reminds me of Waiting for Guffman. It added a whole new level to the show to imagine it as part of a Christopher Guest movie. Seriously. I mean, I've watched it from the point of view of "is this educational for my child?" (yes) and "would this be more awesome if I were high?" (probably), but it's always good to have a new way of looking at it, when you see the same episodes over and over again. (I also think it's fun to imagine Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as a Seinfeld episode.)

So the next time you watch Yo Gabba Gabba, imagine that it's being acted out by Parker Posey and Catherine O'Hara and Fred Willard and all of those guys. It's so obvious, I don't know why I didn't see it before.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

would this be more awesome if I was high just about killed me!!

Kerry said...

Dude...they sell Yo Gabba merchandise at Hot Topic, so I know I'm not the only one who's had that thought!